This requires "The Slingshot Content Pack". If Zhang has been part of anything completed, this achievement will be available. This is a Unique Council mission that is part of the DLC, and can be done under any difficulty setting. When selecting a squad, consider that the follow-up mission aboard the alien battleship will start after Confounding Light's completion and not allow time for wounded soldiers to recover. The mission has a ten turn time limit. Activating transponders will not extend the time limit. Your squad must advance quickly enough to place all four transponders and reach the train's control console within that time limit. Reaching the control console with your last action in the last turn will still be a failure. Eliminating all opposition is not required to complete the mission. Aliens who are not an immediate threat should usually be ignored to focus on the transponders. Only one soldier needs to reach the train's controls. A Sniper with Damn Good Ground and Low Profile can hang back and take advantage of high ground and low cover by climbing the ladder at the rear of the train, then advancing slowly along the roof. An Assault with Lightning Reflexes can be used to counter the aliens' frequent Overwatch use. If possible, consider replacing a Sniper or Heavy with a second Assault, as Run & Gun may also be useful. A Support with the Sprinter ability may be also do well. Keep a Heavy with a rocket in reserve to clear the control room quickly; a pair of Thin Men occasionally will be holed up inside. Damaging the train during the mission is allowable.
Try to have a ratio of 70% engineers to 30% scientists for best results, as well as . the Workshops to support them.
When on a Terror mission that has evil Crysalid terrorists, you do not need to kill the Zombie Civilians to finish the mission. As long as all Alien forces have been defeated the mission will end successfully.
During customization of a soldier, changing the first name to "Sid" and last name to "Meier." This will prevent acquisition of achievements, but will transform the soldier into a Psionic, Psi-armored, plasma rifle wielding, HIGH hp support hero unit.
Keep Panic under control to avoid losing countries. Building satellites is one way to do this. However, choose your missions carefully and select those where the panic reduction is most needed.
Plan ahead when building new rooms to keep the costs within reason. Having rooms of the same type next to the other usually gives you various proximity bonuses.
Have UFOs appear in a different country. If a UFO is spotted in a country that you do not have much for defenses or you want to lower panic somewhere else (by completing the mission to clear it), reload a previous saved game. It should still come up, but will usually be in a different location. You can continue to reload until it is in the country you desire.
If you are having problems and fail a mission, reload the auto save from the Geoscape. Select the same mission and restart. You will begin the mission with a new random map and enemy placements. This can be useful when you are out-numbered and out-gunned.
Build satellites as soon as you can and continue to do so. They give you money monthly, and reduce panic levels. If you can fill a continent, you will get extra bonuses. The easiest continent to start with is South America.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation 3 trophy rewards.
|Trophy||How to unlock
- A Continental Fellow (Silver)
- Win the game from each of the 5 starting locations.
- Ain't No Cavalry Comin' (Silver)
- Have a soldier survive every mission in a full game.
- All Employees Must Wash Hands... (Bronze)
- In a single game, complete every Autopsy.
- All Together Now (Bronze)
- Get satellite coverage over every country on one continent.
- And So It Begins... (Bronze)
- Complete the tutorial mission.
- Earn the "Excellent" rating in every performance category on a terror mission.
- Kill 50 aliens with explosive weapons.
- Drums in the Deep (Bronze)
- Gain access to the lowest level in your base.
- Beat the game on Classic difficulty.
- In a single game, complete every Research Project.
- Fulfill a Council request.
- Humanity's Savior (Bronze)
- Beat the game on any difficulty.
- In a single game, shoot down one of each alien craft.
- Clear a UFO crash site with one soldier on Classic or Impossible difficulty.
- Build a suit of powered armor.
- Beat the game in Ironman mode on Classic or Impossible difficulty.
- One Gun at a Time (Bronze)
- Staff the Engineering Department with 80 engineers.
- Staff the Research Labs with 80 scientists.
- Beat the game on Impossible difficulty.
- In a single game, complete every Foundry project.
- The Hardest Road (Silver)
- Advance one of your soldiers to Colonel rank.
- Complete a mission without losing a soldier.
- Welcoming Committee (Bronze)
- Complete a Very Difficult abduction mission in five turns or less on Classic or Impossible difficulty.
- What Wonders Await (Bronze)
- Complete a Research Project.
- Worth Every Penny (Bronze)
- Acquire 1000 credits in one month.
- You Have 5 Seconds to Comply (Bronze)
|Trophy||How to unlock
- Complete Confounding Light with more than 3 turns left on the timer.
- Complete Confounding Light.
- Complete Friends in Low Places.
- Take your new ally into the final challenge.
- The Bigger They Are (Silver)
By changing the first and last names of a soldier via the customize menu, you can unlock one of 4 characters based off of the crew who made the game. Using them WILL disable trophies for that game, and make the earlier missions extremely unbalanced in your favor, as each soldier will have later game advanced armor and weapons, high stats and be at Colonel rank. Please note that loading a save game with any of these characters still disables trophies.
- Unlocks Joe Kelly - Heavy
- Unlocks Ken Levine - Sniper
- Change name to Ken Levine
- Unlocks Otto Zander - Assault
- Change name to Otto Zander
Join our Forum for free
and talk about XCOM: Enemy Unknown cheats!