During customization of a soldier, changing the first name to "Sid" and last name to "Meier." This will prevent acquisition of achievements, but will transform the soldier into a Psionic, Psi-armored, plasma rifle wielding, HIGH hp support hero unit.
Complete the following tasks to unlock PlayStation 3 trophy rewards.
|Trophy||How to unlock
- A Continental Fellow (Silver)
- Win the game from each of the 5 starting locations.
- Ain't No Cavalry Comin' (Silver)
- Have a soldier survive every mission in a full game.
- All Employees Must Wash Hands... (Bronze)
- In a single game, complete every Autopsy.
- All Together Now (Bronze)
- Get satellite coverage over every country on one continent.
- And So It Begins... (Bronze)
- Complete the tutorial mission.
- Earn the "Excellent" rating in every performance category on a terror mission.
- Kill 50 aliens with explosive weapons.
- Drums in the Deep (Bronze)
- Gain access to the lowest level in your base.
- Beat the game on Classic difficulty.
- In a single game, complete every Research Project.
- Fulfill a Council request.
- Humanity's Savior (Bronze)
- Beat the game on any difficulty.
- In a single game, shoot down one of each alien craft.
- Clear a UFO crash site with one soldier on Classic or Impossible difficulty.
- Build a suit of powered armor.
- Beat the game in Ironman mode on Classic or Impossible difficulty.
- One Gun at a Time (Bronze)
- Staff the Engineering Department with 80 engineers.
- Staff the Research Labs with 80 scientists.
- Beat the game on Impossible difficulty.
- In a single game, complete every Foundry project.
- The Hardest Road (Silver)
- Advance one of your soldiers to Colonel rank.
- Complete a mission without losing a soldier.
- Welcoming Committee (Bronze)
- Complete a Very Difficult abduction mission in five turns or less on Classic or Impossible difficulty.
- What Wonders Await (Bronze)
- Complete a Research Project.
- Worth Every Penny (Bronze)
- Acquire 1000 credits in one month.
- You Have 5 Seconds to Comply (Bronze)
By changing the first and last names of a soldier via the customize menu, you can unlock one of 4 characters based off of the crew who made the game. Using them WILL disable trophies for that game, and make the earlier missions extremely unbalanced in your favor, as each soldier will have later game advanced armor and weapons, high stats and be at Colonel rank. Please note that loading a save game with any of these characters still disables trophies.