During the mission you end up in a helicopter chasing two targets through the Cassidy Creek forest. You will have a rifle equipped with a thermal scope. Aim down and to the right and search for a larger than human thermal signature, which will almost immediately disappear. You can turn off the scope to get a blurrier real view of it.
Normally, repairing your car can cost hundreds of dollars. However, you can repair it for as little as $40 by convincing a girl at the strip club to take you back to her residence. Visit the club and park your vehicle in the back, where you'll hopefully be meeting the stripper shortly. Then head inside and pay $40 for a private session. If you are able to touch her (while the bouncer isn't looking) and flirt with her enough, she'll invite you back to her place. Accept the invitation and head back outside and around to the back of the building and your waiting vehicle. The stripper should be standing nearby and will get in with you if you don't pull a weapon or otherwise frighten her away. Drive to her place as indicated on the map, and a scene follows. Then you'll receive the stripper's contact info and your car will be repaired.
During the introduction mission in North Yankton, while driving from the police instead of following the destination marker, drive to the right of the bridge down to the frozen river. Exit your vehicle and look down to see a frozen alien in the ice.
While a mission is active, go to the gun shop, and buy all of the upgrades for every available weapon and some grenade. Once you have obtained all of the upgrades, leave the gun shop, and use one of the grenades to kill yourself. This will cause the mission to fail, and you will start the mission over. When the mission restarts, you will have all of your money back from the purchases in the gun shop. Go back to the gun store, and all the weapon upgrades will still have a checkmark. Repeat this process when new weapons become available.
Complete the final mission in the main storyline to unlock mission-specific costumes for all three characters, which include the black outfits from stealth missions, the guard uniforms from the final mission, and the police uniforms. To unlock all shirts, get a 100% game completion.
Go to the Herr Kutz Barber page on Rockstar's Lifeinvader site and sign in with your Social Club username and password. Click the "Stalk" button to unlock new haircuts for Michael, Franklin, and Trevor.
Enter one of the following codes while playing the game to activate the corresponding cheat function. If you entered a code correctly, a small confirmation will appear above the map. Note: GTA 5 cheats cannot be saved, and must be entered manually each time. Cheats also disable achievements from being earned for the current game session. Thus, quick save your game before using cheat codes.
Lower wanted level
While playing the game, quickly press RB(2), B, RT, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left.
Raise wanted level
While playing the game, quickly press RB(2), B, RT, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right.
While playing the game, quickly press A(2), X, RB, LB, A, Right, Left, A.
While playing the game, quickly press Y, Left, Right(2), LT, LB, X.
Explosive ammo rounds
While playing the game, quickly press Right, X, A, Left, RB, RT, Left, Right(2), LB(3).
Explosive melee attacks
While playing the game, quickly press Right, Left, A, Y, RB, B(3), LT.
Slow motion aim
While playing the game, quickly press X, LT, RB, Y, Left, X, LT, Right, A. The code can be entered up to four times to increase its effect. Enter it a fifth time to disable the code.
While playing the game, quickly press Y, RB(2), Left, RB, LB, RT, LB.
Spawn Buzzard aircraft
While playing the game, quickly press B(2), LB, B(3), LB, LT, RB, Y, B, Y. The Buzzard is a helicopter with missiles and guns. It must be spawned in a large enough area for it to appear, or it will not spawn.
Spawn Caddy vehicle
While playing the game, quickly press B, LB, Left, RB, LT, A, RB, LB, B, A.
Spawn Comet vehicle
While playing the game, quickly press RB, B, RT, Right, LB, LT, A(2), X, RB.
Spawn Duster aircraft
While playing the game, quickly press Right, Left, RB(3), Left, Y(2), A, B, LB(2).
Spawn Limo vehicle
While playing the game, quickly press RT, Right, LT, Left(2), RB, LB, B, Right.
While playing the game, quickly press Left, Right, LB, LT, RB, RT(2), Left(2), Right, LB.
Spawn PCJ bike
While playing the game, quickly press RB, Right, Left, Right, RT, Left, Right, X, Right, LT, LB(2).
Spawn Rapid GT vehicle
While playing the game, quickly press RT, LB, B, Right, LB, RB, Right, Left, B, RT.
Spawn Sanchez bike
While playing the game, quickly press B, A, LB, B(2), LB, B, RB, RT, LT, LB(2).
Spawn Stunt Plane aircraft
While playing the game, quickly press B, Right, LB, LT, Left, RB, LB(2), Left(2), A, Y.
Spawn Trashmaster vehicle
While playing the game, quickly press B, RB, B, RB, Left(2), RB, LB, B, Right.
While playing the game, quickly press Y, Right(2), Left, Right, X, B, Left.
Slow motion mode
While playing the game, quickly press Y, Left, Right(2), X, RT, RB. The code can be entered up to four times to increase its effect. Enter it a fifth time to disable the code.
While playing the game, quickly press RT, A, LB(2), LT(3), X. Each time the code is entered, it rotates through thunder, clear, and snowy weather.
To get an easy $5,000, watch for armored cars to appear. They are marked by blue dots on the map. You can get the money easily by killing the guard before he enters the armored car. If you have to open the armored car to get the money, drive into water to pop open the rear doors.
Take note of the rivalries between large corporations. Lester will give you information about which companies are rivals. Destroying the assets of a corporation will cause their rival's stock to rise. Use this to your advantage by first investing in the rival's stock. For example, destroying planes belonging to AirEmu at the Los Santos Airport will cause stocks in FlyUS to rise. The same can be done with oil derricks belonging to RonOil or LTDOil. When a mission objective includes destroying a corporation's asset or reputation, make sure you first invest in their competitor.
After getting two playable characters, go to Paleto Bay and swim into the ocean. Dive at the indicated location and collect the $12,000 from the crashed airplane. Switch characters, then switch back to your original character. This will respawn the underwater money, as well as restore your oxygen. Collect the money again and repeat the process.
Take a sub to the indicated location on the seafloor. You will find a structure that resembles the sub, only much larger. Upon closer inspection you can find an RPG on the seafloor next to it, and a briefcase containing $25,000 dollars laying on top next to the open hatch.
If you're paying attention, you can find references in the game to characters that should be familiar if you played past GTA titles.
Brucie Kibbutz returns on Bleeper, GTA’s equivalent to Twitter.
Niko Bellic’s old friend Packie McReary returns. Franklin can help him during a heist, and he’ll be part of your crew for the rest of the game.
Niko Bellic is mentioned during the first heist, described as an 'Eastern-European' that was making a name for himself back in Liberty City and got out of the business.
During a mission, visit an Ammu-Nation and purchase a weapon and all upgrades. Kill yourself after and the mission will fail. This will give you all your money back, however if you visit the Ammu-Nation again, the upgrades on the weapon will still be marked as purchased.
Go to the Bob Mulét hair salon in Rockford Hills and choose the "Clean Razor" option. This is the only barber shop that allows all of his hair to be removed.
When you visit the top of Mt. Gordo between 11:00 pm and midnight, you can see the ghostly form of a woman.
Talk to "Jesse", a pedestrian standing near a lamppost on the Del Perro beach boardwalk. His dialog makes it clear that he is a stoned version of Jesus.
The largest road vehicle, the HVY Dump Industrial can be stolen from the Davis Quartz quarry.
You can find a minigun on the top floor of one of the buildings in Fort Zancudo at North Chumash.
Press this during gameplay: Left, Left, LB, RB, LB, Right, Left, LB, Left. Press B after jumping to float. If you touch water the cheat will end.
One of the mansions in the Richman area is Los Santos' version of the Playboy mansion. It even includes the backyard grotto with pool and hot tubs. When visited at night, you may be able to crash a party in the back.
To fall on your butt, press X to jump, and while you are in mid-air, press B.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
|Achievement||How to unlock
- A Fair Day's Pay (10 points)
- It's time for a little getaway.
- A Friendship Resurrected (10 points)
- With friends like this who needs enemies?
- You performed a classic blitz play.
- You cleaned out Vangelico to pay back Martin Madrazo.
- Small Town, Big Job (20 points)
- You made a big impression at the Paleto Bay Chicken Festival.
- You stole an experimental super weapon from Merryweather... and gave it back.
- This ain't no dream no more.
- The Government Gimps (20 points)
- You recovered sensitive information from a highly defended federal building.
- The Moment of Truth (10 points)
- You have uncovered the truth about Brad.
- To Live or Die in Los Santos (40 points)
- Completed the final mission.
- Welcome to Los Santos (10 points)
- You repo'd a car and raced it through the heart of a sun-soaked metropolis.
When the paper map included in the Special Edition version of the game is put under a black (ultraviolet) light, the following text will appear on the back.
Great Ocean Highway
Through North Chumask
0.5 miles past Raton Canyon
When guard rail ends
Follow the dirt road
Down to the Docks
Bring $500,000 CASH
Additionally, certain locations on the map itself will glow.
Complete the following achievements to unlock Xbox Live Gamerscore points.
|Achievement||How to unlock
- A Lot of Cheddar (20 points)
- Spend a total of $200 million across all three characters.
- A Mystery, Solved (15 points)
- Solve the mystery of Leonora Johnson.
- Above the Law (80 points)
- GTA Online: Reach Rank 100.
- All's Fare in Love and War (10 points)
- Purchase Downtown Cab Co. and complete a private fare.
- Altruist Acolyte (5 points)
- Deliver an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult.
- American Dream (10 points)
- GTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle.
- Backseat Driver (10 points)
- GTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode.
- Career Criminal (100 points)
- Attain 100% Game Completion.
- GTA Online: Finish a Gang Attack without dying and kill at least 10 enemies.
- Complete all Under the Bridge and Knife Flight challenges.
- GTA Online: Complete a Job as a member of a Crew.
- GTA Online: Earn 30 Platinum Awards.
- Dialling Digits (5 points)
- GTA Online: Call for gang backup for the first time.
- Enjoy Your Stay (20 points)
- GTA Online: Participate in everything Los Santos has to offer.
- From Beyond the Stars (15 points)
- Collect and return all spaceship parts.
- GTA Online: Kill the thief that mugged you.
- Complete your path to enlightenment... or not.
- Los Santos Customs (10 points)
- GTA Online: Reach Rank 50.
- Multi-Disciplined (30 points)
- Attain a gold medal in all applicable hobbies and pastimes.
- GTA Online: Obtain first place in all competitive game types.
- GTA Online: Complete the Introduction.
- Out of Your Depth (5 points)
- You're gonna need a bigger boat...
- Pimp My Sidearm (10 points)
- Run Like The Wind (20 points)
- GTA Online: Survive for a day with a Bounty on your head.
- San Andreas Sightseer (30 points)
- Explore all of Los Santos and Blaine County.
- Complete all Stunt Jumps.
- Solid Gold, Baby! (50 points)
- Earn 70 Gold Medals on Missions and Strangers and Freaks.
- GTA Online: Hold up all 20 Stores.
- TP Industries Arms Race (10 points)
- Purchase McKenzie Field Hangar and win the arms race.
- The Midnight Club (20 points)
- GTA Online: Use custom vehicles to win 5 races.
- Three Man Army (20 points)
- Survive 3 minutes on at least a 3 star Wanted Level with all three characters together off mission.
- Three-Bit Gangster (10 points)
- GTA Online: Reach Rank 25.
- Trading Pure Alpha (10 points)
- Make a profit over your total investments in the stock market.
- Unnatural Selection (20 points)
- GTA Online: Complete all 10 waves of a Survival.
- Wanted: Alive Or Alive (10 points)
- Deliver a bail bond target alive.
- Waste Management (15 points)
- Purchase the old dock and collect all nuclear waste.
In the ocean near the north side of the map, you can check underwater to find a crashed airplane. When the airplane crashed, a briefcase full of money (around $12,000) also found its way to the sea bed. You can swim to find the wreckage and the briefcase. After you collect that briefcase, you can then immediately switch to another character and then switch back to the one who was located near the briefcase. When you do, the briefcase will have reappeared. The character who is underwater will collect the case again and his supply of air will return. You can repeatedly use this trick to quickly amass a small fortune.More Grand Theft Auto 5 Cheat Codes @ CheatListingsMore Grand Theft Auto 5 Cheat Codes @ AbsolutCheatsMore Grand Theft Auto 5 Cheat Codes @ CheatHappens